Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A reflection of DailyLit 5 min reading email delivered book experience


I chose to subscribe to MBA Mondays by Fred Wilson. I chose it because I’m thinking seriously of taking a double major in MBA, and I don’t have a lot of time to read more about it before taking a decision, so I thought this is the perfect opportunity to read about MBA for just five minutes daily. Something I really like about reading this way is that I cannot give myself excuses not to read because it just for 5 minutes. Additionally, it is very easy to read them immediately when I receive the email. I don’t have to download what I’ll read because it appears in the body of the email. This is also so helpful when I’m outside and want to read from my phone, or when I know that I’ll be waiting but not for a long time. However, a drawback of it is that I sometimes forget what I just read yesterday! So I have to go back to refresh my memory. Also, sometimes I miss the reading for a day or two, so the next day I discover that and go back to read the whole thing, and it sometimes become a little bit long for the time I devote for them. Overall, I think the 5 minutes reading email is a new experience and I’m enjoying it. However, I do not think choosing to read something needs some concentration is the right choice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment