Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First Field Trip


Pablo Creek Library 

On Tuesday September 11, 2012, I went to Pablo Creek Library in Beach Boulevard.

 I arrived there at 2:30. The first wonderful thing I noticed is that the parking lot was almost full. 


I entered through the automatic glass door, there were empty hall with a meeting room in my right and restrooms in my left. In my right there was a big board with a lot of arts works, some of the library activities, and a lot of brochures.








Then I entered through another automatic glass door and metal detectors. At that point the adult library was in front of me, the children library on my right, and the teen room was in my left. The library was very quiet and peaceful.


 Children's Library
First I went to the children's library. The customer service desk was in front of me.




On my right there was wall full of movies and a theater room.


  Moving to the center, there was around 20 computers and a printer, and there was comfortable sofas and a few play tools.







Standing in the middle, on my left there was books children to 6 years old organized in very attractive, neat way.







On my right, there was around 19 rows of books for bigger children in almost every subject. 







When I was there, there was around 8 children with their parents, most of them were warring school uniform J 




Teen Center

Then I went to the teen room for who is the age 12 to 19.  



On my right there was a wall full of teens’ novels and books. 


On my left, three was around 12 computer.

  In the middle there was tables each with 4 chairs, and on the back wall there was a few comfortable chairs.



Adult's Library
Finally, I discovered the adult library. 

There was a customer service and help desk to my right. There were also computers for self-chick-out and return. 







At the center of the hall there were two rows of computers, around 40 units, and surprisingly most of them were occupied. 


To my left, there were rows of CD’s and DVD’s available for checkout. As I walked deeper into the library, there were rows of books and audio books. Between each few rows there was a computer to search and find the book you want in the library. 












Walking deeper 4 there were separate rooms, 3 of them were in-used. There were some tables to set and study or read. At the very back, there was a smart class with a computer and projector. There was around 15 people taking a class there. It looked like a college classroom. 



That ends my trip there which took around an hour. It was great trip and I had a lot of fun. I decided to go there for studying when I want to change from studying at home. 

This library has many programs to enhance people's literacy and tech literacy.
For children, they have about six  programs. For example, they have story time program and family art time program each Thursday at 10:30 a.m. 
Here are some:



They also have teen programs such as the poetry café and computer skills classes. This library has many programs and events available for adults as well. They have book clubs, computer classes, introduction to internet and research classes, email basics classes, scrapbooking, and much more.
Here are some:






  
Here is the library schedule for events:
http://jplcalendar.coj.net/evanced/lib/eventcalendar.asp?lib=11&df=list&ag=adult


Here is library address:
Pablo Creek Library
13295 Beach Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL
(904) 992-7101 ‎
 jpl.coj.net

No comments:

Post a Comment